LunaLair

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LunaLair
LunaLair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rave
Rave
Admin
https://lunalair.yoo7.com

Ignoring vs Addressing  Problems Empty Ignoring vs Addressing Problems

Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:39 pm
There's been a huge concern I've been having with a lot of human society with the way they choose to approach issues within communities. These choices makes people believe they are doing a good thing to minimize conflict when in actuality they aren't making any kind of positive change at all. What's even worse is that the people who usually at least wants to actuality make a change get targeted and shamed for it. It's a super backwards mentality that people in this day and age continue to adapt to and it's things like this that makes the world's problems stay stagnant. The problem with people I'm talking about is how people more often choose to ignore problems and shame the addressers. 

I'll start off by explaining what I exactly mean by "ignoring the issue." When there's a consistent problem within a community people people tend to choose to ignore when there's a problem going on that doesn't relate or effect them. People will not want to get involved because it isn't their problem or they feel it's too little to really matter or straight up not care. Keep in mind for the most part it is fair for certain people to choose to ignore certain issues because it definitely doesn't always makes sense for everyone to get involved however it does start to become a problem with that individual once they decide to dip their toes in it. People also ignore issues because they feel like if they don't talk about it it'll simply go away. While I agree this might work for certain situations, it doesn't help all of them. 

Now I'll go into the flaws of ignoring situations. One thing I'll say right off the bat is that ignoring situations is a huge risk. When you choose to ignore problems you're basically choosing to let it linger as well as repeat. To give a comparison it's like you start a fire. You can't just ignore a fire or else it'll spread and get worse and get bigger and harder to put out. It could also die on its own but that just depends on how it's set up. This mainly applies to people who are mainly associated with the issue. To those who were irrelevant bystanders and decide to finally decide to dip their toes in, it's highly troublesome when you ignore something for so long only to finally chime in negatively to bash the addressers when you don't even know the issue in full. 

This brings me straight into how ignoring issues can actually breed more problems. The more you ignore issues the more problems can eventually build up overtime from that. Ignoring a problem gives the problem free reign to expand and evolve into other things. The people who fight to want to ignore the issue also become the issue and they are blind to it. When you ignore an issue to a certain point it becomes integrated into that community as a norm and then at that point there's not much you can do about it because the community's conditioned to it at that point. Ignoring an issue for so long that you start to accept and maybe even value it which is a very unhealthy direction.

Now let's get into people who try to address issues. People are often intimidated by people who want to address things because they want to actively talk about a problem and people normally don't like seeing that kind of thing. People also view addressing as an attack or offensive to the community and don't like being called out since they will likely disagree and see no immediate issue to want to entertain the thought. I will admit thought that when executing putting a problem on the spot it's also about how you approach with it or else it won't get taken seriously. However this doesn't excuse people to at least trying to entertain it and reflecting and thinking about possible issues. 

Addressing problems is very important because it brings a potential threat to light. Without people to address, a lot of problems overall would never be dealt with or would get so deep that it becomes extremely harder to deal with. Addressing literally is meant to make things easier not harder because it's a communication tool to work with people to make things better. I understand how it could be intimidating but trying to turn away from people trying to address something is very counterintuitive. Not only turning away but harassing addressers is only making things even worse overall since you're not only choosing to ignore the issues being presented but also adding more with your own actions. So explain to me exactly how this way is somehow "making things better"?

The thing is as well that it never hurts to entertain something being presented. Even if it could be wrong instead of bashing the addressers and gaslighting them you should instead analyze it and break it down to educate and show how it's not true. Addressing problems is a healthy practice in all cases it should never be looked upon as a negative thing. 

I think this even further goes to show the backwards direction modern society is taking. If we keep developing in this direction humanities problems will only build and overwhelm the positive developments. Let's all try to make things easier and better for ourselves by really thinking and analyzing the situations we're involved in. Don't ignore and don't help aid the problems that are trying to be addressed.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum