LunaLair

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LunaLair
LunaLair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rave
Rave
Admin
https://lunalair.yoo7.com

The bias and hypocrisy of Nova  Empty The bias and hypocrisy of Nova

Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:19 pm
From all my time in Nova there's a lot of inconsistencies when it comes to the justice that Nova tries to strive for itself. In terms of inconsistency one of the main problems the community has is its huge bias factor. Certain people are allowed to get away with things that others get criticized and banned harshly for. This practice in turn accumulates tons of hypocrisy within the community which is abused immensely. I just want to give a few examples to show my point.

Firstly so I don't seem like I, myself, am biased and doing this just to show how they are bad and I am good I'll just start off with myself. I'm probably actually one of the first of people that started this trend within the community. Hmado used to see me very highly and respected me so in turn whatever I did he always was able to brush it aside because we shared a special connection. I also eventually would pick up on this flaw in his character and I'd often abuse it just so I could have my own fun. Many other people would try to mimic or commit similar actions that I would do and would get severely punished for it while I laughed on the side. This would be a very unhealthy development within the community since as long as you were on Mado's best side, you in turn had the ability to get away with a lot as a favored individual within the community.  I'm of course at this day and age really not proud of my past actions especially so since I left a gateway for others to be able to get away with their own messes. 

Next I want to speak about a guy named JD. Unlike me JD was ALWAYS a malicious person in my eyes at least. JD more than likely knew of Mado's weakness since the start and has been able to abuse his stance in Nova for the longest time. JD bullied and mistreated countless of different members overtime and most people would not even acknowledge his actions. He would use his slick methods to permanently ban many members for little to no reason and get away with it because Mado and the rest of the community didn't care enough to involve themselves and just allowed him to do as he pleased as long as he didn't target major people within the community. This brings me to my next point when it comes to the bias of the community pertaining how they come at me vs JD upon the same kind of situation. When I had first transitioned to being more of a bad person I had targeted and bullied a user named kittycatismine. The community would take notice of this and would hammer at me greatly. This has been the legit only time I've ever actually done something wrong to a user in Nova at this point, yet I was being confronted with people trying to cancel and expose me so hard yet JD has been doing what I did many many times in the past but they still look at him as if he's such a swell guy in comparison to me. Not trying to say that I was any less wrong within that moment and they were well within their right at the time to expose me for my wrongdoings, but it's just the fact that these people completely disregard JD's own conduct and only chose to see me whenever I finally decided to do something bad for once.

Finally onto my last point is a girl named Tam. Tam's situation might have been even worse than with JD because at least JD was being slick with his actions. This girl Tam would consistently cause problems within the community and cause trouble for many innocent people that had nothing to do with her issues. Despite how much of a troublesome person she's been, people instead treat her like a queen and any person she would point her fingers at they would just follow her word and proceed to tear her opposition a part. I've had to deal with this for years with Tam. She would always try her hardest to make something up in order to try and shift blame of an issue that she herself started towards me. I'm not even alone in this because she would continue to do this to many other people as well, EVEN PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN APPEAR IN CHAT OFTEN. Like it was the most ridiculous ass shit that she can cause all the problems and be extremely petty and even come out saying that she intentionally will do these things yet despite all this she's still the best person ever who is innocent and such a great person but her opposition, who has either actually done nothing or has already acknowledged their mistake and tries to make peace, are the problematic ones that should be looked down upon. 

I'll conclude this with also mentioning the admin himself. Despite what he wants in his chat and the illusionary rules he places, he himself goes against what he says he fights for and practices. He will go after people who try to address issues and merely wishes to talk, but will bat an eye and allow certain others to continue causing chaos, walk over him and do what they want. It gets to the point that he just straight up doesn't care what the people he likes most does because he'll just conjure some bullshit to justify their actions while funnily enough conjure bullshit to make it seem like their opposition is the problem. The community has conditioned the staff to be backwards and a huge hypocrite overtime and the members that know this abuse it as hard as they can for their own benefit while indirectly hurting certain others in the process. 

The things I listed as well are only a fraction of the bias and hypocritical moments within the community. Many other people as well have their own experiences and what I said is only SOME of what I experienced. It's ridiculous how unhealthy the society is within Nova. The bias and hypocrisy within Nova aren't even all of what's wrong with their community. 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum