LunaLair

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LunaLair
LunaLair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rave
Rave
Admin
https://lunalair.yoo7.com

When did you forsake yourself? Empty When did you forsake yourself?

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm
One really interesting thing I thought back about is this quote from an anime that I didn't really understand until recently and it really has a lot more power to it than I originally thought. From the anime Naruto Shippuden the character named Gaara was a young new leader speaking to other leaders of different nations. The oldest leader mocked Gaara because he was so young and inexperienced and told him if he had any questions on how to lead he should ask him. Gaara then proceeded to swaggily reply by asking "Let me ask you this, when did you all forsake yourselves?" At first when I first watched through this I didn't really understand what he meant and just assumed it was some kind of simple jab at the old dude. It was especially weird because the old guy immediately shut up and the other leaders started to respect Gaara more after that comment when I thought the dude would fire back with something else.

Let me give at least some more context for this moment. The kages all had past experiences where they had drives and ideals to do great things to unite people together and such. Basically the usual pure hearted wanting peace trope. Eventually though however up to this point the kages have slowly began to further and further give up on people. They became pragmatists, driven more by practical considerations than ideals. They now prioritize dealing with conflicts with engaging in wars and approaching with theories.

Now back to the quote. Gaara told this old man, "When did you all forsake yourselves?" This is him calling him out for his failures and reminding him that even with all his experience he couldn't realize his dream of peace and gave up on his own people. Now I further understand now how this quote was so powerful to shut him up.

This really also greatly applies to how the real world works and how our leaders have fallen in the same ways. Initially having a pure heart and goal only to get tainted and fall back to mimicking the mistakes of the past. I can understand how hard it can be for people to stick to their ideals when the world often works against it. So many good people wish to lead and have the best intentions at first but don't have the necessary willpower to stick to it. The world is very cruel and it's easy for someone to be thrown off course due to many colliding events.

Personally I never want to simply give up on anyone and I definitely will never give up on my own ideals. I spent many years lost and questioning my conviction but after remembering what I truly wanted I have it set within myself my ideals. Hopefully you all as well have your own ideals that you will always stick to. Never allow the negativity of the world influence what's truly within your heart and soul. True powerful leaders don't abandon their people and lose hope in them. They don't fall to pragmatist practices. They stick with them and work to change the world for the better together instead of falling back to making things as bad as things always were. 
Rave
Rave
Admin
https://lunalair.yoo7.com

When did you forsake yourself? Empty Re: When did you forsake yourself?

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:27 am
This was actually extremely unintentional but this also perfectly aligns with Hmado as a leader. This explains exactly how he transitioned overtime as a leader himself. He started off with pure ideals and wanting an environment of only fun gaming and such but overtime got tainted and fell weak in his will. He broke down as a leader and abandoned his ideals, resorting to sticking to practicalities and theories. So even though this is highkey throwing shade, this further confirmed Nova's leadership problem. Not only him many others decided to abandon their ideals and allow hatred and darkness to fill their hearts and change them for the worse. Their weak wills allowed them to become scared and hurtful toward themselves and others, even though they think what they are doing is for the best. They don't realize the reason why they end up more consistently upset and unhappy is not because of other people, but themselves executing in actions that will continue to backfire on themselves.

The reason why certain people in Nova were chosen as targets was not because they were truly bad and problematic, but because they had their own ideals and resolve to fight for. They had their own wills of fire that they wanted to express and make them see and they feared that. They feared the strength of somebody with a strong will and decided that they must tear them down with them. Not only myself but many others as well were victims of this. People who merely wanted to share and express their own drives were seen as wrong and had to be stopped. This is why I can now understand why Spin decided so many times to leave Nova and take a break because he was protecting himself from Nova trying to break his will a part. These people aren't cowards, they are doing what's best for them. 

Nova had fought with my ideals and tried to tear me completely for the longest time but throughout the entirety I never allowed them to destroy it completely. They weakened and scarred me but it never disappeared and this is probably the reason why I was still capable of waking up. I always had my ideals inside me but Nova did its best to suppress it because of their selfishness and fear. I hope one day in the future they will be able to realize what they truly want and believe in because once they do, then they won't feel like fighting all the time and being miserable and grumpy anymore. They will surround themselves with what makes them happy and move forward with their rediscovered conviction. 

I'll be honest I'm probably speaking from strong assumptions and ignorance, but if this truly is true for some of the people Nova then I pray you find peace in the future. One thing's for sure though is that this is 100% true for Hmado. This completely reflects him for I used to know what he strongly used to cherish and strive for only to lose himself overtime. As a leader you must hold a strong enough will to be able to stay fighting for your ideals. The more you stay firm to your conviction the more likely you'll succeed in reaching your goal. Once you lose your conviction, you lose all sense of yourself and are doomed to fall to ruin....

This is a super important thing for all people to maintain. Never allow your conviction to falter. This will not only help you, but your surroundings as well. Our goal in life is to all be good leaders and do our part to show people our own resolve to make life the best for everyone around us. 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum